According to channel 10 is it really depression or just a case of the blues? It’s not always easy to tell the difference, especially when an older adult has what seems like good reason to be depressed, such as a chronic illness or loss of a loved one. But depression is very different from the blues in terms of duration and severity.
Most cases of the blues resolve on their own and don’t prevent a person from finding some enjoyment in life. The key components of depression are:Duration: The symptoms are present almost all the time and last for more than a few weeks.
Severity: Depression is usually more severe, causing symptoms that are difficult enough to deal with that they interfere with daily life.
Here are 11 different warning signs of depression. Keep in mind that depressed people don’t all experience the same symptoms, and the severity of symptoms may vary. But if someone exhibits several of these symptoms for more than two weeks, he may need help.
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings
- Feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Frequent crying episodes
- Increased agitation and restlessness
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies that once were pleasurable
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
- Sleepingtoo much or not enough
- Poor appetite or overeating
- Expressing thoughts of dying or suicide
- Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that don’t ease with treatment
Dr. Stuart Kincaid advises patients seeking plastic surgery that their state of mind is very important. Patients who are anxious and sad about their lives, and feel that a breast augmenation or liposuction will change everything are mistaken. Plastic surgery is an enhancement not a replacement. Plastic surgery usually enhances a patients self- confidence and self-esteem, but it will not cause nor treat depression.
Schedule your Consultation Today!
More on Dr.Kincaid
Become a Fan on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Plastic surgery blog:Depression in men can be serious
- Plastic surgery blog:Depression pill affects on pain not sure according to the FDA
- Plastic surgery blog:Tips for the wise to keep weight off the thighs
- Plastic surgery blog:Women,divorce and hair loss; Is there a connection?
- Plastic surgery blog:Is Beer in your diet?
Tags: Board certified Plastic Surgeon, breast augmentation, Inland Empire Plastic Surgery, La Jolla Best Cosmetic Surgeon, La Jolla Plastic Surgery, liposuction, Riverside County, San Diego Plastic Surgery, Temecula Plastic Surgery