It is difficult to dispute the fact that good looking healthy skin is a reflection of our overall health. What we eat plays a very important role; however, it is not the complete solution. Dr. Stuart Kincaid explains the importance of medical grade skin care products to his patients. It is important that they understand the difference between over-the-counter skin care products and those limited only for sale in a medical office. The ingredients are stronger and are potentially damaging if not used in a medically supervised environment. He also offers options for laser resurfacing and chemical peel which also require medical training and supervision. Dr. Stuart Kincaid offers not only skin care but also excellent skilled surgical options. What this means to patients, is that he is able to offer the best complete recommendations for patients who desire to look their best. A healthy diet is a great place to start; but not as a replacement of a skin care program. According to Sign on San Diego if you make sure to include these nutrients in your diet, an amazing complexion will be yours:
• Essential fatty acids. Fatty acids are important to the production of the skin’s natural oil barrier.
• Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K complex. Eating foods high in vitamins and antioxidants can protect your cells from free radical damage such as sun exposure and premature aging.
• Minerals like selenium, copper and zinc. Research has shown that the mineral selenium makes skin elastic and plays a role in skin cancer prevention.
• Water. Good hydration for the skin and body will provide moisture and will keep skin healthy and young.
Schedule your Consultation Today!
More on Dr.Kincaid
Become a Fan on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Plastic Surgery Blog: Beat the Heat and Protect your Skin
- Plastic surgery blog:Patient support is helpful
- Plastic surgery blog:Sports drinks are healthy. Right?
- Tips to keep skin safe from the sun
- Plastic surgery blog:Best Diets for 2012; choose wisely
Tags: Board certified Plastic Surgeon, Inland Empire Plastic Surgery, La Jolla Best Cosmetic Surgeon, Riverside County, San Diego Plastic Surgery, skin cancer prevention, skin care, Temecula Plastic Surgery