Charlie Sheen made news recently after being arrested for domestic violence. It is alleged that he held a knife to his wife’s throat and threatened to kill her. That is bad enough but the bigger story is their publicist releasing a statement of reconciliation.
Domestic violence and plastic surgery unfortunately do occasionally cross paths. In some cases many times with the same patient. As a board certified plastic surgeon Dr Kincaid is bound to report any admitted knowledge of domestic violence injuries. As you might suspect, many patients make up stories to protect the abuser. Most commonly Dr Kincaid will treat patients with broken noses. This reconstructive rhinoplasty is more than just straightening the nose. Often times Dr Kincaid needs to perform a septoplasty (the inside of the nose). Patients may have facial lacerations that they would rather have sutured by an experienced plastic surgeon. Dr Kincaid often gets this request and if the injury was incurred during business hours he can treat the patient at his practice location. Some patients suffer damage to the mouth and eye areas.These are both very delicate areas and Dr Kincaid may instruct the patient to wait a few days for the swelling to subside before choosing the best treatment.
Dr Kincaid encourages patients to seek professional help when domestic violence is concerned . He is committed to assisting patients in anyway possible to get justice.
Schedule your Consultation Today!
More on Dr.Kincaid
Become a Fan on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Which celebrities will influence plastic surgery in 2012?
- Plastic surgery blog:Survey reveals why so many are unhappy with their cosmetic nose surgery
- Plastic surgery blog: A good attitude is important for a good plastic surgery experience
- Plastic Surgery Blog: Can a Brain Scan Help you Land the Perfect Job?
- Plastic surgery provides recovery options for facial fracture victims