If you are considering plastic surgery in San Diego and wish to interview several doctors, you need to know what to ask including your own research for the types of procedures you wish to undergo. Recognizing the need for consumer safety when it comes to plastic surgery, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons have provided the following questions to ask when considering a plastic surgery.
1. Have realistic expectations. If you feel you may have a special case, be sure to ask your plastic surgeon about your expected outcome to ensure the procedure is right for you.
2. Be informed. Do your own research and ask plenty of questions regarding your procedure prior to undergoing plastic surgery.
3. Get a medical evaluation. Talk to your doctor about your previous medical history and make sure you are a healthy candidate for the procedure you want.
4. Choose a board-certified surgeon. A doctor who specializes in plastic surgery is more likely to provide you with the results you want.
5. Ask questions. Talk to other people who have undergone the same procedure you wish to have to know what to expect including recovery time. Ask your doctor about any concerns that haven’t yet been addressed, including:
Are you an ASPS Member Surgeon?
Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
How many procedures of this type have you performed?
Am I a good candidate for this procedure? What will be expected of me to get optimal results?
Where and how will you perform my procedure?
Is the surgical facility accredited?
What are the risks involved with my procedure?
How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
Will I need to take time off work? If so, how long?
How much will my procedure cost? Are financing options available?
How are complications handled?
For more information on plastic surgery in San Diego, call Dr. Kincaid at 858-450-4199 and schedule you consultation at our convenient La Jolla location today.